Wednesday, December 28, 2011

Dying with Joy

For some people, dying is an immediate and pressing issue. Maybe they are near the end themselves. I think it is useful, compassionate, and perhaps a bit courageous to talk to people in their hour of need about dying. For all of humanity, dying is a mystery. In the earthly sense it seems like a final farewell. Some think it is oblivion. Some create fantastic visions of death for various reasons and basis, that persuades them death is not the end.

For me personally, because of prophetic gifts, my perceptions of departing the earth are wholly influenced by the visions I've witness and the testimonies of those like Jesus Christ and the prophets. I know hardly anything about what it's like to depart into another realm, but I absolutely know that dying is NOT the end. I've seen people who have departed this realm under the sun. But they are not dead, but alive! They live again. By God's grace they live again.

I saw my grandmother fly away from over a thousand miles away when she left this world. She ascended (as the psalmist describes) as a white dove with gilded wings. Upward my grandmother flew as her white dove body faded away, but the gold upon her wings shone brighter and brighter until it dazzled the eyes. In the night sky a cross appeared to meet her. By now her dove form was almost completely faded, but the beating golden wings continued and flew upward right to the base of the cross in the sky. When the dove arrived at the cross both my grandmother and the cross instantly disappeared together.

How could I mourn for her? How could I see her go into unimaginable joys with Jesus Christ and feel anything but blissful triumphant JOY for her. Grandmother has made it home! Like the song says, where there is faith, there is peace. I felt that peace and joy even though my grandmother had just left us. Truly something beautiful is hers!

I have other things to share, but I hope some of you will as well.

1 comment: