Thursday, August 19, 2010

Here's another one Malcolm

“Calling the Wind”

A few days had gone by since the last time I had dropped in to see Janice and Daisy, so I figured I would drop in again this weekend. It was early in the day again when I showed up. Everything was just as before except that this morning was a bit chilly. But it was a brilliant day and it made the early springtime hard to ignore.

When I had gone into Janice and Daisy’s house, we started lamenting that it was a chilly day, but that it was so pretty it made you want to go outside. I suggested we all go sit outside on the southeast side of the house and it might be comfortable. So we gave it a try, and outside we went. We sat around in the grass, and it was nice out there, despite the chill in the air. But when a gust of wind came up it was uncomfortable.

Janice stated that when the wind wasn’t blowing it was nice, but when the wind kicked up it was cold. She said she wished she could make the wind stop blowing. I decided to have a little fun with them since Janice and Daisy were so easy to tease. I told them that we can make the wind stop blowing. All we have to do is think about the nice still air and it will happen. It was a joke of course, because I had noticed the wind would gust followed in a few moments with a short period of still air. So I told them to just think about it just as the gust started blowing. I ceremoniously went into a meditative thinking state while they watched me. Sure enough the gust died down like it had been doing all along, and the air became nice and still. Then I smiled and said, “There you go. The wind is stopped”, as if I had just accomplished something.

Janice and Daisy were wide eyed with complete belief in my theatrics. They carried on with many exclamations of marvel that, “Bryson made the wind stop!” and so on as that. They were so gullible, and I was really enjoying my prank on these two girls. As the conversation revolved around, Janice like always, wanted to zero in on me in some teasing manner. This time she was a bit serious though. She was freaked out about my prank and gave some opinion about me not having real feelings and emotions. All the while she was looking all big eyed into my face as she talked animatedly. Then she proclaimed, “Look at ole’ Bryson! He’s gone crazy! Oh my! Just look at his eyes! He’s crazy!” and on and on she went for a minute or so. I looked at her as she talked and realized that Janice was really spooked by me again. Again I was irritated by her being afraid of me. I think Janice saw the hurt in my eyes even though I tried not to show it, and she dropped the talk about me being crazy.

I thought her imagination was getting the best of her. I was a bit offended, even though I wouldn’t normally have minded the mystique of being thought of as a little crazy for ego’s sake. But Janice wasn’t joking. She was really spooked, and this irritated me. I didn’t like being a spooky guy one bit. I’m all about love, peace and harmony. But here now two visits in a row, and these girls have been seriously spooked by me just being playful.

I should have known by now that anything I did around Janice and Daisy would be heralded far and wide among all my peers. So now I was gaining a reputation, via Janice and Daisy, of being able to control the wind; though I was unaware until later that the news about me was being spread rapidly by them. But the news fell on the ears of certain persons who again were interested enough in what they heard about me, to take the matter seriously. But the interested party wasn’t Van this time. This time it was Michael.

A few days after my wind prank on Janice and Daisy, I stopped in at the market, and who drove up shortly but Michael? He was a friendly acquaintance I had known for years. But he and I had never gotten any closer than that. But today Michael had a mission, and I was involved. He was driving has custom van with its unmistakable markings, so I knew immediately who was arriving. He parked near the street out in an open area by the pay phone, got out and came around the front of his van toward where I was across the parking lot. The next thing I heard was Michael calling out to me, “Hey Bryson come over here”. Well I wondered what Michael wanted. He and I usually just passed with “Hi” and friendly eye contact.

I walk over to where Michael wanted me to come to, which was away from the others out of hearing distance for normal conversation. Michael was a bit serious acting but still in a friendly tone of mood. I had never seen Michael have a serious tone before, but I kind of liked the manliness of his manners. Michael in a sort of commanding entreaty said to me, “Let’s step across the road”. He started that direction like he just expected me to come along. Well I did follow his lead, because now he had me flat out curious as to what was on his mind, why he called me away from the others, and why he wanted to step across the road with me. So I followed him.

We got across the road and he said, “This is fine”. Then he directed me to look across the open field to the tree line on the other side. Michael asked me, “You want to see the wind?” “Sure!” I said. Michael instructed me, “Look at the tree tops. Look for the whirlwind. You’ll see it.” So I looked in that direction but wasn’t sure of what to be spotting for. Then Michael pointed to an area toward the right in the trees and said, “There it is right there”. I looked and a wind was twisting the leaves in the top of one of the trees. He said, “It’s going to move” Then as Michael pointed, he talked about the location of the whirlwind. “See it moving through the tree line? It’s moving to those trees over there.” I followed what he was telling me and saw the whipping of the leaves move from this location to that location. Michael said, “Now it’s moving up that way”. I followed his pointed finger and saw the slow migration of the whirlwind by watching the different tree leaves being whipped and twisted. Then Michael said, “It’s seen us! It’s going to come this way! It’ll be here in a few seconds! Here it comes!” As his anticipation grew, he said with quiet enthusiasm, “Now!”  Sure enough the whirlwind had seemed to leave the tree line and migrated directly across the open field, though I couldn’t really follow it as well as Michael. Just when he said “Now!” a strong gust of wind blew around us and lingered for a few seconds, and then left.

Michael faced me and said, “Now you’ve seen the wind”. He looked at me in a sort of appraisal of what I was thinking. I was thinking this was a pretty good prank and I looked back at him trying not to show any reaction. We walked back across the road and I didn’t even have any question for Michael at all. I figured it was just a prank trick that Michael must have gotten from the occult circles we obviously both knew people in. So I let the demonstration pass, with me acting unimpressed for Michael.

Michael had spoken of the wind as if it were a living entity which would interact with people who got its attention. I had heard of this kind of thing before. But what was more interesting to me was the fact that here was this young man from the sticks, drawing upon this type of idea and making a demonstration out of it. Obviously Janice had told everyone about my prank, which she still believed I had really done. And now Michael had made it a special point to show me this "seeing the wind" scenario. I was thinking that Michael must also be a part of the occult circle. Why else would he have gotten so serious about something like this, to search for me, and then have something in mind to show me concerning the wind? I think from Michael's perspective though, he just wanted to let me know I wasn't the only one who knew something was living in the wind. I never thought there really was anything alive in the wind. But obviously Michael sure talked like he thought so. Maybe that talk was just part of the gag.

By now, I was thinking a lot of people I had known were stranger and deeper than I had realized. All this seemed like confirmation of a group of subtle people. I surmised this thing was generational, and those involved had inherited it from their own people. I could be wrong though. But it seemed so because there was none of the contemporary “Hocus Pocus” nonsense going on. There were no ridiculous spells and silly crystals; none of that kind of thing. Just strange connections and quick responses to the news of the things I had been doing around Janice and Daisy. The responses and demonstrations the underground group made with me, must have had some motivation. I was just playing around with my acting and pranks, but the occult responses showed they were taking me serious. I think they may have considered me to be the proverbial “loose cannon”, and they were seeing themselves as coaching me into their ranks, rather than doing the things I was doing independently of them. Imagine that: An orthodoxy establishment of the occult! Shee Whiz!

19 comments:

  1. Malcolm, I want to mention that at this point you will notice I am still being rationlistic concerning the occult and dismissively under estimating them.

    The event corrolates with certain Biblical tidbits that most people would never notice. I could suggest many things and am resisting the impulse to just blurt out too much and foul you with overload.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I still don't see anything very extraordinary in this, Bryson. What I do see is that you can be swayed by the power of suggestion. Our minds can be so misleading and it doesn't take much to fool them into seeing something that is unreal.

    I have of late read so much about the brain and how it can see visions that are not happening. On the stage it would be called hypnosis. Even then it is the subjects own minds that are creating something they they think they see and hear as well.

    Who knows what practice your friend Michael may have had before this demonstration, and the wind would be an easy vision to conjure up. But not through any mysterious occult magic.

    There is still the possibility that Michael did have the mind power to conjure up a localised atmospheric disturbance. This is still within the realms of human 'powers'.

    I am not trying to dismiss the occult. I know that we all have access to little known and little used mind power and that it can be misused. So far I am not picking up any feeling of anything dark or sinister.

    There is a book I wish you could read.

    Just a mo, will have a hunt.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The book is called "The Magic Power of Your Mind" by Walter Germain. I see from this web page - http://www.abebooks.com/servlet/SearchResults?an=germain&sts=t&tn=magic+power+of+the+mind&x=87&y=8
    that it can be obtained for as little as $2.22

    The author lived at a time when little was known about the mind. It is some time since I read it, though I have it before me right now.

    From memory he dismisses things like mediums and sixth sense, but puts it all down to a Supraconcsious which we are all connected to. This makes sense to me, though I have varying ideas on some of the things I have observed.

    It could however have many answers that you have been looking for.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Silly me. I looked further down the page and there is one copy in Florida for $1. But you may pass closer to Dallas or Portland.

    ReplyDelete
  5. There is one thing I would like you to try - on a warm sunny day, where you may be able to lay back on look up at the clouds - perhaps on some grassy slope or in a deck chair on a verandah.

    Pick a Cloud that is not too large and thick. A nice woolly one will do. Concentrate and focus on a point within the cloud. Imagine that your are sending your energy through space and burning a hole into this cloud. Keep concentrating and imagine that you feel the energy from your eyes intensifying into some kind of laser beam. Keep this up for say ten minutes or more if you can.

    You should be able to melt a hole in the cloud at that point.

    Now, do you think the cloud would have melted away there anyway? Try it again another time and it should get easier.

    ReplyDelete
  6. You have me smiling again Malcolm as I appreciate your considerations and impulses on the topic.

    Yes the power of suggestion is a weakness for me.

    You may have just given me a clue about where a former fan of mine, going by the name of Robert Silverman, described me as "Supranatural". I had no idea where he was coming from.

    Malcolm I can appreciate that you don't know exaclty what to make of these account examples, especially out of context with the rest of the stories, and there are definately a significant number of the occult activities described which make these very mild examples. Malcolm, my whole book is composed like a great number of hints being dropped on mystical referance points without explaining this in explicite terms. The clues are there, for the reader to dig up and connect. In a sense it is a purest form of mystery book in which half the enjoyment is finding the mystery points like a puzzle challenge, and putting it together.

    This is one reason I tended not to describe the events from my present awareness, but from the thoughts of the young man that I was then.

    ReplyDelete
  7. M: There is one thing I would like you to try - on a warm sunny day, where you may be able to lay back on look up at the clouds - perhaps on some grassy slope or in a deck chair on a verandah.

    Pick a Cloud that is not too large and thick. A nice woolly one will do. Concentrate and focus on a point within the cloud. Imagine that your are sending your energy through space and burning a hole into this cloud. Keep concentrating and imagine that you feel the energy from your eyes intensifying into some kind of laser beam. Keep this up for say ten minutes or more if you can.

    You should be able to melt a hole in the cloud at that point.

    Now, do you think the cloud would have melted away there anyway? Try it again another time and it should get easier.

    V: Malcolm, I'm ahead of your there already. The topics you keep bringing up is stuff I already have in my book. I thnk I have enough energy left for one more post. It's called "calling the sun".. It is essentially describing the exact thing you proposed.

    ReplyDelete
  8. It could also be, Bryson, becaus I shield myself from negative energy, and am not seeing what you saw all those years ago.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I thought you might have been there and done that. I just wish that some of our other friends, like Loren and Lois would open their minds a bit more. Not to worry. Everything said will register and hopefully one day click together when the time is ripe.

    ReplyDelete
  10. M: I thought you might have been there and done that. I just wish that some of our other friends, like Loren and Lois would open their minds a bit more. Not to worry. Everything said will register and hopefully one day click together when the time is ripe.

    V: Would you believe I just made essentially the same statement to Shane, to be patient and simply assimilate mystic referance points in order to later judge mystical accounts in the Bible? In other words give it time to register and click.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Will have to go in a moment or two. Before I do, this is no coincidence. No such animals!!! We are tuning in to the same programme.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Malcolm : I thought you might have been there and done that. I just wish that some of our other friends, like Loren and Lois would open their minds a bit more. Not to worry. Everything said will register and hopefully one day click together when the time is ripe.

    CBB : Do not overly concern yourself about the minds of Lois and Loren. Not to worry. :>)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Lois: Why, oh WHY, can't these tricksters ever do anything useful with their alleged powers of weather control? What would be keeping them from going to some drought-stricken part of the world and willing rain clouds to cover the land? But no, cute little tricks with the wind is all we get.

    Same thing with the spoon-benders. Really? THAT'S the best you can do with your amazing psychic powers? You fucking BEND SPOONS?? Forgive me for being underwhelmed to the point of falling asleep.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Malcolm: I thought you might have been there and done that. I just wish that some of our other friends, like Loren and Lois would open their minds a bit more. Not to worry. Everything said will register and hopefully one day click together when the time is ripe.

    V: We have to accept that what I discuss is not for everyone by virtue of their natural temperaments. Rationalist and Idealist are both Intuitives types to the core, and interprete the world by how they THINK about it. The rationalist is analytical in his thinking interpretation and the idealist is holistic in his thinking interpretation. We have to admit the rationlist has been the most powerful contributor to the the welfare of humanity in the practical sense with all the advances in techonology, medicine and sciences.

    But in the areas of spiitual consideration,the rationalist has little to work with other than simply critiquing. And even that is a valuable function so long as it doesn't become cynacism. A rationlist is a very important counterbalance to the idealist becoming consumed in an over active imagination. While I certianly realize the rationalist has a problem breaking ground in the areas of spirituality, I do acknowledge them as very valuable in my book. If you ever think you need a reality check or need your ideas or conclusions tested, hand them to a rationlist and he will find the nonsense if you put the data to him completely. Then he'll slap you with the reality check and you should say, "Thanks, I needed that!"

    ReplyDelete
  15. V: I'm hoping that you guys may be picking up on a theme fromthis account that is part of the breakcrumb trail of mystic marker points. The theme of the whirlwind is quite common in mystic events and is also part of the Biblical traditions. The account of Job describes the Glory of the Lord in a whirlwind, and Paul aslo talks about the adversary being the prince of the power of the air. Apart from this illustration of the occult spirit calling an entity in the whirlwind, I have another episode that described an encounter with a fantastic being who seemed to convey to me that the manifestation of his locality was evidenced by strong wind vortexes.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Vatic : If you ever think you need a reality check or need your ideas or conclusions tested, hand them to a rationlist and he will find the nonsense if you put the data to him completely. Then he'll slap you with the reality check and you should say, "Thanks, I needed that!"

    CBB : This begs the question.........Why are you not learning to do this on your own?

    HERE

    ReplyDelete
  17. CBB : Do not overly concern yourself about the minds of Lois and Loren. Not to worry. :>)

    Lois: Whatever universe Bryson is living in, I do not want to be in it with him--especially when he's driving by in his 18-wheeler and sees Jesus in the middle of the freeway while doing 60 or 70 mph. Malcolm, however, is welcome to join him in the cab if he wishes. Hope his will is up to date.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Malcolm: I thought that you had a 50mph speed limit in America? Come to think of it, it would be a good way to see the innards of America. I have only seen California from San Francisco to Tijuana, via Yosemite and via the coast road, across to Las Vegas by road, Pompano Beach in Florida, Dumfries near Washington DC, and Toronto and Niagara.

    Will is up to date, but no great worries about that. And just think of the best part, if I did go with Bryson. I would be able to show him there and then how wrong he has been about a real Jesus, LOL. and how great the Temples of David and Solomon were in ancient Uasar - Karnak and Luxor. We might even be able to influence Akhenaten/Moses and tell him that he has been wasting his time.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Malcolm: I thought that you had a 50mph speed limit in America? Come to think of it, it would be a good way to see the innards of America. I have only seen California from San Francisco to Tijuana, via Yosemite and via the coast road, across to Las Vegas by road, Pompano Beach in Florida, Dumfries near Washington DC, and Toronto and Niagara.

    The Speed limit on the open road varies under normal driving from 55mph to 80mph. I generally average 60 since this ragne produces the best compormise of fuel cost and time cost. If you ride with me, be sure to pack light, and bring your passports cause we're doing Canadia too! I'm getting a newer truck from a friend of mine in a couple of weeks and it is a nice, really nice truck compare to the antique I'm driving now. Lots of room. You can set up your office in the back. I should have an aircard so you can get online while we roll across the continent. We'll swing down to the rebel south and see Loren. Then head up to Lancaster PA and see Jerome's Amish Farm. the worlds most productive non irrigated farmland. The head to Edmonton AB and watch hockey in the truckstop and learn to say "AY" Then down to Arizona into the destrt and copper mines and the moonscape of Texas Canyon. But you aint getting me to drive the salt river canyon. NOOO Way.. You'll just have to settle for Moab UT. Then we head for Halifax Nova Scotia and drop by the sea. Then to Montreal QC which is rated world most blissful city. But the girls there are some of the prettiest in the world and they are everywhere, they speak french! The town is saturated in womanly beauty. Back to Seattle WA and then to Calagary where you can behold the paradise of the Canadian rockies in the summertime.

    ReplyDelete